Indraprastha University (IPU)
Guru Gobind Singh Indra Prastha University in Delhi is a very old, established and reputed university. Every year thousands of candidates apply here to get the admission in different streams and professional courses. Before applying for the IPU CET exam, every candidate must know the rules, regulations and the eligibility of IPU CET. All the necessary information regarding IPU CET has been mentioned below to help the fresher candidates.
Every applicant must go through the XI and XII academic syllabus to prepare for IPU CET. The exam’s syllabus is within the XI and XII syllabus itself. IPU CET mainly seeks the preparation for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The exam follows the NCERT syllabus and topics. There are no reasoning or English papers in the exam.
For more details, visit
For the IPU CET preparation, an applicant must prepare from the proper books for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There are many IPU CET previous year solved guide available in the market published by various publishers which can help building the confidence. The main books for the core subjects; Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry are
- NCERT academic books for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Pradeep’s guide and solved question bank for Physics.
- HC Verma’s Concept of Physics, both volumes.
- Chemistry- O.P Tondon
- For English, Arihant publication English guide
There are many other books available too which can be chosen according to the ease of concept.
Everyone has his own study plan for every exam. In case of IPU CET, a strict plan should be followed as getting into the IPU matters a lot. Every student must follow these study plans for winning the IPU CET exams.
- Waking up early morning and making a proper routine for the preparation.
- Dividing each subjects according to the hours given for the preparation.
- Those subjects should be chosen first on which you have less command or understanding.
- All the subjects should be studied regularly to remember every concept for a long time.
- Solving more and more numerical for Math preparation.
- Practicing more for the equations and derivations.
- Making short notes for revision
Applicants must be familiar with the eligibility criteria so that they may not have to regret at the last moment. The necessary eligibility criteria for IPU CET are mentioned below.
- Applicants must be passed out or pursuing +2 or any equivalent course from a recognized board.
- Applicants must have secured 55% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. For engineering entrance exam, applicant must be a PCM student in +2.
- Every subject must be passed individually in the last exam
- In the last passed or qualified exam, English must be a mandatory subject.
- + appearing candidates are also invited.
IPU CET has a different exam pattern. The exam is completely based on objective questions. Every student is allotted 2.30 hours to solve the questions. On an OMR sheet, one answer is demanded for every question. For each correct answer, 4 marks is provided and each wrong answer leads to the decrement of 1 mark. The exam is all about the practice, basic knowledge and speed. The questions provided are multiple choice questions. A total of 150 questions will be there from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Tips For Preparation
There are always some success tips for every exam. Before trying the luck and caliber, an applicant must play the safe game by revising the sample papers of previous years and collecting the winning tips from the previous year toppers. Some success tips for IPU CET are
- For mathematics, concentrate on calculus, trigonometry and permutation and combination along with the probability.
- Refer to HC verma for physics numerical. One can take the help of guides like Pradeep for physics numerical.
- Physical and Organic chemistry are the most vital part of the chemistry paper in IPU CET.
Important dates of IPU CET 2015
- IPU CET Online Application Available- February 9, 2015
- Test Date for IPU CET- For engineering, May 17, 2015
- Result 2015- May 23, 2015
- 2015 counseling – June 10, 2015